Have a lot of music and want to share it with everyone in the house? Here’s how to use Home Sharing in iTunes 12 to transfer music between computers.
Checkout this video:
In order to use Home Sharing, you need to have iTunes 12 installed on your computer and be signed in with the same Apple ID. Once you have met these requirements, you can start sharing your music with up to five other computers in your household.
What is Home Sharing?
Home Sharing is a feature in iTunes 12 that allows you to share music, movies, and other content with up to five computers in your household. Home Sharing is built into iTunes, so it’s easy to set up. Once you’ve turned on Home Sharing, each computer in your house can access the iTunes library of any other computer in the house. You can also use Home Sharing to import items from another iTunes library.
How to set up Home Sharing
In order to use Home Sharing, you need to have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer. Once you have that, follow these steps:
1. Open iTunes and sign in with your Apple ID.
2. Click on File in the menu bar and select Home Sharing.
3. Click on Turn On Home Sharing.
4. Enter your password when prompted and click Allow.
5. Now that Home Sharing is set up, you can start transferring music from your computer to your iOS device!
How to transfer music using Home Sharing
Home Sharing is a feature in iTunes that allows you to share your music, movies, and TV shows with up to five other computers in your house. You can also share photos and books. Home Sharing is useful for transferring music from one computer to another because it doesn’t require you to have an iPod or iPhone.
Here’s how to transfer music using Home Sharing:
1. Open iTunes on the computer that has the music you want to transfer.
2. Click “File” and then hover your mouse over “Home Sharing.” A drop-down menu will appear.
3. Click “Turn On Home Sharing.” A dialogue box will appear asking you to enter your Apple ID and password. Enter the information and click “Turn On Home Sharing.”
4. Now open iTunes on the computer that you want to transfer the music to.
5. Click “File” and then hover your mouse over “Home Sharing.” A drop-down menu will appear.
6. Click “Choose Library.” A dialogue box will appear with a list of libraries that you can choose from. Select the library that you want to transfer the music from and click “OK.”
7. The music from the other computer will now appear in your iTunes library on this computer.
Tips for using Home Sharing
Use Home Sharing to share your iTunes library with up to five other computers in your household. You can stream music, movies, and TV shows from one approved computer to another, as long as they’re on the same home Wi-Fi network and signed in with the same Apple ID. If you have more than one Apple TV in your home, you can also share audio content with them.
In conclusion, Home Sharing is a great way to share your music between computers in your home. By following the steps above, you can easily transfer any music you have on one computer to another. With Home Sharing, you can also share movies, TV shows, and more.
Q: How do I transfer music using Home Sharing on iTunes 12?
A: Home Sharing is a great way to share your music with other devices in your home. To transfer music using Home Sharing, follow these steps:
1. Open iTunes and go to the “Library” section.
2. Select the “Music” tab and click “Home Sharing.”
3. Select the device you want to share with and click “Share.”
4. Enter your Apple ID and password to begin sharing your music.
If you have more than one computer at home, iTunes Home Sharing makes it easy to transfer music between them. First, you need to set up Home Sharing on each computer:
-Open iTunes and go to the Preferences menu.
-Select the Sharing tab and check the box next to “Share my library on my local network.”
-Choose a name for your library, then click OK.
Now that Home Sharing is set up, you can start transferring music:
-Open iTunes on the computer that has the music you want to transfer.
-Go to the Library section and find the song or album you want to share.
-Right-click (or Control-click) on it and select “Share.”
-A window will appear with a list of computers that are eligible to receive the music. Select the one you want, then click Share.
The music will automatically be transferred to the other computer’s iTunes library.
To transfer music using Home Sharing on iTunes 12, you will need to have the following:
-An iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 7 or later
-A Mac with OS X Yosemite or later
-iTunes 12.2 or later
-A valid Apple ID signed in to iCloud and iTunes
To start transfer music using Home Sharing on iTunes 12, first make sure that Home Sharing is turned on all of your devices. Once Home Sharing is enabled, you can start transferring music between your Mac and your iOS device.
1) On your Mac, open iTunes and go to the Preferences menu.
2) Select the General tab and click on the Home Sharing icon.
3) Enter your Apple ID and password.
4) On your iOS device, go to Settings > Music > Home Sharing.
5) Enter your Apple ID and password.
6) Now you can choose which music you want to share between your devices by selecting the Share myLibrary checkbox next to each source in iTunes on your Mac.
7) To access shared music from another device, simply go to the Shared section in the Music app on your iOS device or look for the shared libraries under Devices in iTunes on your Mac.
My name ismakeuseof, and I’ve been a technology enthusiast for as long as I can remember. I’m interested in all things tech, but especially in how it can make our lives better.
I’ve been using iTunes for years to manage my music library, and I’ve always been a big fan of its simplicity. Recently, however, I discovered a feature that I think is even easier to use: Home Sharing.
With Home Sharing, you can transfer music from one iTunes library to another without having to go through the hassle of exporting and importing files. In this article, I’ll show you how to set up Home Sharing and use it to transfer music from one iTunes library to another.