A quick and easy guide on how to add music to Groove Music on Windows 10.
Checkout this video:
Adding music to Groove Music is a quick and easy way to enhance your listening experience. With a few clicks, you can add your favorite songs and albums to Groove Music, and create custom playlists to suit any mood. In this article, we’ll show you how to add music to Groove Music step-by-step.
Adding music from your computer
You can add music to Groove Music from your computer by using the Groove Music app for Windows 10.
To get started, open the Groove Music app and sign in with your Microsoft account. Then, click the ” adding music from your computer” link in the left sidebar.
On the next page, you’ll see a few different options for adding music to Groove Music. You can add music files that are already on your computer, or you can import music from CDs or online services like OneDrive.
To add music files that are already on your computer, click the “Add files” button and browse to the location of the music files. Once you’ve selected the files you want to add, click “Open” to start importing them into Groove Music.
If you want to import music from CDs or online services like OneDrive, click the “Import from” button and select the service you want to use.
Adding music from OneDrive
Adding music files from your OneDrive account to Groove is easy. All you need is the Groove Music app for Windows 10 and a Microsoft account with an active OneDrive subscription.
To get started, open Groove and sign in with your Microsoft account. If you don’t have a Microsoft account, you can create one for free.
Once you’re signed in, click the “Add music” button in the Groove toolbar. This will open the OneDrive music folder in File Explorer.
Browse to the location of the music files you want to add, select them, and then click “Add to Groove.” The files will be added to your Groove Music library and will be available for playback immediately.
Adding music from online stores
In addition to uploading your own music, you can add music to Groove Music from online stores. You can buy music from the Microsoft Store, or add Music Passes from other services like iHeartRadio or Pandora. Once you’ve added music to Groove, you can play it anywhere—on your Windows 10 PC, Xbox One, or Groove Music app on your iOS or Android device—for as long as you continue to subscribe.
To buy music from the Microsoft Store:
1. Open the Microsoft Store app and search for the artist, album, or song you want.
2. Select the item, and then tap or click Buy.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen to finish buying the item.
4. The purchased music appears in your collection in the Groove Music app on your Windows 10 PC and any other devices where you’ve installed Groove Music and signed in with your Microsoft account.
To add a Music Pass from another service:
1. In the Groove Music app, go to Shop > Music Passes. If you don’t see this option, it might mean that there are no current offers available in your region/country. If this is the case, check back later for updates, or try a different region/country.
2. Select the pass you want > Get Pass > Continue > Enter payment information as prompted > Confirm purchase > Start listening!
Adding music from CDs and other devices
Assuming you have a CD or another device with music files on it, adding them to Groove Music is a simple process. Just follow the steps below:
1. Open Groove Music and select the “Settings” cog in the upper-right corner of the window.
2. In the settings menu, select “Devices” and then choose the CD or other device from which you want to add music.
3. Groove Music will now scan your selected device for any music files. Once it has finished scanning, all of your music should be visible in Groove Music’s main window.
Managing your music library
Groove Music is a digital music service that allows you to listen to your music collection anywhere. You can also add new music to your library from a variety of sources. In this article, we’ll show you how to add music to Groove Music from your computer, OneDrive, and online sources.
Adding music to your Groove Music library from your computer is easy. Just open the Groove Music app and click the “Add files” button in the top-right corner of the window. Then, select the files or folders you want to add and click “Open.” Your music will start syncing to Groove Music automatically.
You can also add music to Groove Music from your OneDrive account. Simply open OneDrive and select the files or folders you want to add. Then, click the “Share” button and select “Groove Music” from the list of options. Your music will start syncing to Groove Music automatically.
Finally, you can add music to Groove Music from a variety of online sources. Just open the Groove Music app and click the “Store” button in the top-left corner of the window. Then, browse for music by genre, artist, or album. When you find something you like, just click the “Add to my collection” button and it will start syncing to Groove Music automatically.
Creating and managing playlists
There are many ways to create and manage playlists in Groove Music. You can create a playlist from scratch, or you can import an existing playlist from another music service. You can also add music to an existing playlist, or remove music from a playlist.
To create a playlist from scratch:
1. Launch Groove Music on your Windows 10 PC.
2. Click the New Playlist button in the upper-left corner of the window.
3. Enter a name for your new playlist, then click Save.
4. To add music to your new playlist, drag and drop songs from your collection into the playlist window, or click the Add button and choose songs from your collection.
5. To remove a song from a playlist, right-click the song and choose Remove from Playlist.
6. To rename a playlist, right-click the playlist and choose Rename Playlist.
7. To delete a playlist, right-click the playlist and choose Delete Playlist.
Listening to music
There are a number of ways to listen to music with Groove Music. You can buy and download individual tracks or albums, listen to music that you’ve ripped or uploaded, or stream music from OneDrive or a Groove Music Pass. You can also listen to ad-free radio stations with a Groove Music Pass.
To start listening to music, do the following:
1. Open Groove Music.
2. If you’re not already signed in, sign in with the account that you use with Office 365, OneDrive, or Xbox Live. This is the account that you’ll use to buy groove music and listen to streamed songs.
3. Choose where you want to get your music from- OneDrive, a groove Music Pass, or individual tracks and albums that you’ve ripped or purchased.
4. Start playing some tunes!
Tips and troubleshooting
Groove Music is a streaming service that offers ad-supported and subscription streaming of audio content. It integrates with the company’s Zune music service and allows access to its library of songs and albums. Microsoft announced the change from “Zune Music” to “Groove Music” in 2015. The music app was first introduced in October 2012 with the release of Windows 8.
There are two ways to add music to Groove Music. The first is by purchasing songs and albums from the Microsoft Store, which will automatically add them to your Groove Music collection. The second is by uploading your own MP3 files to OneDrive and adding them to Groove Music from there.
If you’re having trouble adding music to Groove Music, make sure that you have the latest version of the app installed. You can also try restarting your device or resetting the app.
Congratulations! You have now added music to Groove Music.